September 12-14, 2014
About the Not So Normal 5k Race & Weekend: The minds behind Mom in Chapel Hill bring you the inaugural Not So Normal 5k. It will be fun, it will be memorable, it will benefit our community, and will be anything but predictable. Join The Fun!
Four Great Ways to Support Kidzu and the Community!!!
1) Join the Kidzu 5k Running/Walking Team & Support Kidzu! The "Not So Normal" family and community oriented 2.95 mile event will take place in Carrboro on Sunday, September 14th. When you and your family register for the “Not So Normal 5K” make your group “Kidzu Museum” and help support Kidzu. $5 of every Kidzu Museum Team entry goes back to Kidzu to support our exhibit and programs. Sponsor a runner by making a donation on our website and your family will be entered in a drawing for a free 1-year family membership. Kidzu volunteers, staff and their families will also be running/walking, so join us as we run for what moves us. Bonus: Kidzu team members that raise at least $20 in sponsorship donations will receive a Cooloop Water Scarf. Look for Kidzu volunteers at the all family-friendly weekend events, Sept. 12th-14th! For more information and to register visit http://www.notsonormal5k.com
2) Not So Normal DSI Comedy Events: A Celebration of Community & Philanthropy....with a Little Exercise (and Laughter) Thrown In!
Kick your Not So Normal 5K Weekend off with laughter! Join DSI's improv comedy All-stars for a night of fun before the big race. The show will be interactive, race-themed and completely improvised. They are most similar to Whose Line Is It Anyway? and their Improv SLAM format pits two teams against each other in clean comedy competition.
All NSN Comedy Show tickets will be $10 and 50% of all comedy show proceeds benefit Kidzu Children's Museum!
NSN DSI COMEDY SCHEDULE: Tickets can be Purchased at http://www.dsicomedytheater.com/shows/details/not-so-normal-comedy/
- FRIDAY 9/12 5pm: Lineup Coming Soon!
- FRIDAY 9/12 7pm: Lineup Coming Soon!
- SATURDAY 9/13 3pm: Lineup Coming Soon!
3) Not So Normal Concert on September 14, 5-9pm! Rock University Mall Country Style! What is a weekend celebration of community and philanthropy without an awesome closing event? Lame if you ask us. So in true "Not So Normal Style" we Dare Greatly and invite you to join us at University Mall to close out the weekend and get your country groove on. There is a lot more to share about this event, so stay tuned...... Tickets for the amazing price of $9.47!!
Tickets Can be Purchased at http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/venueSearch.jsp?venue_id=10555
- Presented by 94.7 QDR and the Not So Normal 5k
- Starring: Frankie Ballard
- Getting Us Ready To Rock: DSI Comedy Theater
- Opening Acts: Casey Jamerson, Stereosparks, and The BuzzTown Band
- Benefiting: The ArtsCenter, NC Children's Promise, and Kidzu Children's Museum
4)Kidzu's Kidz Night During the NSN Concert
Kidzu is hosting a Kidz Night at our Pop-Up Program location the evening of Sunday, September 14th. Families can visit us from 4:00-6:00pm for drop-in activities. Drop-off care will take place from 6:30-8:30pm.
- 4:00-6:00pm, Open crafts and activities for families. An experience fee of $4 per child (12 months and older) is required. Adults are free. Children must be accompanied by an adult during this time.
- 6:30-8:30pm, Kidz Night Drop Off. $15 per child ages 5 and older. This is drop-off care and will include pizza, movie, and crafts. We can accommodate only a limited number of kids so please register with us. Register by calling us at 919-933-1455, visiting us at our Pop-Up Location or on the web at this link.