What could be better than to have your child's birthday party at Kidzu Children's Museum?
Parties can take place either before or after museum hours so that your family gets exclusive use of the entire museum. Saturday 11:30am and 2:30pm parties are public hour parties, which use our adjacent party room for food and crafts. Some exhibit play time is included in party hours and all guests have access to exhibit play areas following the party as well.
Call us (919-933-1455) to reserve your date and time.
- Friday either 5:30-7:30pm (2 hrs) or 5:30-7:00pm (1.5 hrs)
- NEW SATURDAY OPTIONS: either 11:30-1:30pm (2hrs) or 11:30-1pm (1.5 hrs) & either 2:30-4:30pm (2hrs) or 2:30-4pm (1.5hrs) These public hours parties use our adjacent party room for food and crafts. Some exhibit play time is included in party hours and all guests have access to exhibit play areas following the party as well.
- Saturday either 5:30-7:30 (2 hrs) or 5:30-7:00pm (1.5 hrs)
- Sunday either 11-12:30pm (1.5 hrs) or 10:30-12:30pm (2 hrs)
- 1.5 hour parties are $200 (up to 17 children)
- 2 hour parties are $250 (up to 17 children)
- For parties with more than 17 children we charge an additional $5 per child up. Parties are limited to 24 children.
- Children under the age of 12 months are free.
Kidzu members receive a 10% discount on all parties.
All parties require a $50 non-refundable that is included in total cost.
- We require 1 adult supervisor for every 4-5 children.
- All parties are limited to a total of 50 people (including host family).
- The Kidzu art room can only hold 17 children at one time.
- Parties with more than 17 children will have food in our adjacent party space. Food can either be held at the begining of a party or at the end of a party. Parties are limited to 24 total children (12 months and older).
What is included?
During parties we provide:
- 90-120 minutes of exclusive use of the entire museum for your group (up to 50 total people)
- Help with set-up and clean-up
- 15 to 20-minute make and take art project (choices are listed below)
- Kidzu t-shirt for the birthday child by Big Frog Custom T-Shirts in Durham
You may also add on
- $10 temporary tattoos for all of your guests
- $5 party favor bags which include a fun pencil, rubber ball, stickers, playdough, stencil, bubbles, and a fun wooden name tag with each guest's name.
Not Included (you provide)
- The guests (including 1 adult supervisor for every 4-5 children).
- The cake, refreshments (alcohol is not permitted), food and paper goods, decorations (please no latex balloons). You are welcome to bring coolers as we do not have a refrigerator or a freezer. We also do not have a microwave.
- You are welcome to have food delivered. Let us know if you need help finding a restaurant to serve you.
Design a birdhouse
A natural wood birdhouse will be supplied for each child to decorate with markers, paints and stickers. Children 5 and older have the option of assembling their birdhouse. For younger kids, the houses will come preassembled.
To make a party reservation call Kidzu at (919) 933-1455.
A $50 non-refundable deposit (deducted from your total bill) is required to reserve your party.